With such a large baby boom this year in Hollywood, hot celebrity mamas showed off their burgeoning baby bumps on a weekly basis. As the end of the year nears, we stop to take a look back at the Top 20 Pregnant Celebrities of 2011!
- Natalie Portman-welcomed son, Aleph, on June 14th.
- Penelope Cruz-welcomed son, Leo, in late January.
- Beyonce-expecting first child in February 2012.
- Mariah Carey-welcomed twins on April 30th, their wedding anniversary.
- Kate Hudson-welcomed son, Bingham, on July 9th.
- Miranda Kerr-welcomed son, Flynn, on January 6th.
- Rachel Zoe-welcomed son, Skyler Morrison, on March 23rd.
- Jessica Alba-welcomed daughter, Haven, on August 13th.
- Victoria Beckham-welcomed daughter, Harper Seven, on July 10th.
- Jennifer Garner-expecting 3rd child in 2012.
- Jessica Simpson-expecting 1st child in early 2012.
- Hilary Duff-expecting first child in early 2012.
- Tina Fey-welcomed daughter, Penelope Athena, on August 10th.
- Christina Applegate-welcomed daughter, Sadie Grace, on January 27th.
- Toni Collette- welcomed son, Arlo Robert, on April 22nd.
- Tori Spelling-welcomed daughter, Hattie Margaret, on October 10th.
- Jennifer Connelly-welcomed daughter, Agnes Lark, on May 31st.
- Selma Blair-welcomed son, Arthur Saint, on July 25th.
- Ivanka Trump-welcomed daughter, Arabella Rose, on July 17th.
- Pink-welcomed daughter, Willow Sage, on June 2nd.
Congratulations to Mariah Carey, 41 and Nick Cannon, 30, who’s twins were born last Saturday, April 30th. Her daughter, Monroe Cannon, is named after Mariah’s idol
Marilyn Monroe. She did not give her daughter a middle name because she does not have one herself. Her son is named Moroccan Scott Cannon, after the Moroccan Room on the top tier of Mariah’s apartment in New York where her husband, Nick, proposed to her. Scott is the also the middle name of Nick’s father and the maiden name of Nick’s grandmother.
Monroe weighed 5 pounds 3 ounces and Moroccan weighed 5 pounds and six ounces.
A lot of thought went into the names of these twins who were not named immediately after their birth Saturday and who’s names were just announced this Wednesday.
The incredibly talented singer, actress, and producer Mariah Carey and her comedian and actor husband Nick Cannon are due to give birth in less than two months! Recently announcing that they are expecting twins, we could not be happier for the beautiful couple. Mariah and Nick have long wanted to have children, so we are looking forward to seeing their gorgeous babies!
Before officially announcing their pregnancy, Mariah was seen wearing many maxi dresses. Spotted in a rich brown dress paired with a soft sweater, she looked absolutely beautiful. Although maxi dresses work great as non-maternity dresses, they are a fabulous option for maternity. Very comfortable, they accentuate the smallest part of one’s body directly underneath the bust and flow perfectly over the rest of one’s body and curves. For a casual option, Japanese Weekend’s Maternity and Nursing Maxi Dress is a beautiful and versatile option. The V-neck creates an elongating look while its double layering provides easy and discreet nursing access. With a trendy tribal print, it is eye-catching and flattering. For an evening look in the same style, the Pleated Maxi Dress from Maternal America is perfect. We would love to see Mariah wearing this gorgeous gown. Its wide shoulder straps and V-neck create a sophisticated feel and the empire waist with pleating flows beautifully. Perfect for an evening out with Nick or a red carpet event, it is a stunning dress.
Over the holidays, Mariah and Nick attended several formal events, giving us an opportunity to see some more of her lovely maternity style. When she sang for the President in December, Mariah chose a deep red dress. Its long sleeves were so elegant and the shape of it hugged her beautiful curves perfectly. Longer sleeves are very popular, as they are sophisticated while maintaining a subtle sexiness. The Beaded Diamond Dress from Maternal America has some of the same similar features as Mariah’s dress, such as longer sleeves, a beautiful V-neck, and a flattering empire waist. The beading at the bust is the focal point of this dress, which is very slimming along the sides. Perfect for an evening out, a longer sleeve dress is a stylish option. Congratulations to Mariah and Nick and we are looking forward to meeting their twins!